Existential listening is a private, confidential conversation where you can share life’s challenges with a willing listener. I offer human connection and a listening ear. My goal is to listen, connect, understand, ask questions, and offer a space where you can ponder your own approach to life’s challenges. I believe that connecting with another human in private conversation is sacred.
I do not give advice, but instead, I seek to help you clarify your own thinking. I assist you in listening to your own voice and finding your own way. I believe that the solutions to life’s problems must come from within.
When I listen, I seek to support you, ask questions, and give you space to reflect on life’s problems. I seek to help you listen to your own voice. I believe you have answers to your life’s problems.
“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” – Epictetus
I take an existential-philosophical approach when listening to another person. This means that I try to understand where you are coming from. I ask questions to gain clarity about your values and what makes sense for your life. I do not impose my views on you, but rather seek to understand your views and values.
Every person is different. I will never judge you based on the values you choose to live by. I seek to understand your values in the context of your life as a whole.
I do not diagnose or categorize people. Each person is unique. I view each person as having unique circumstances, values and reasons for how they live. I seek to listen and understand you as an individual.
All conversations are 100% confidential. No exceptions.
Feedback & Reviews
- Great listener. He helps by asking questions that I hadn’t asked myself before.
- Wasn’t sure what to expect but was a great listener
- Thank you so much for listening. I’m sure everything will turn out the way at it should.
- Very understanding and comforting thanks.
- So accommodating 😊. Its like I have received a hug that I really needed 😊.
- Helpful and compassionate
- He was very calm, and thoughtful, and he asked good questions. As depressed as I was, he did have a calming influence on me.
- Good listener and caring.
- Wonderful listener!
- Great listener!
- He was a great listener. He offered up questions that helped me think and understand my situation more objectively. He helped me feel empowered and realize I already had the answers to my questions.
- Incredibly thoughtful and caring. Really takes the time to understand what the issue is before helping guide you out of it.
- Super helpful! Gives great advice and helps you realize you are worth it.
- I love it! He makes you feel a lot better and was so nice.
- Very patient 🙂
Click here to schedule a free 10 minute call to see if we are a good fit.
Text or call +1 612-567-2471.
Chat for Free
I’m occasionally available as a listener at 7cups.com/@ExistentialListener. 7 cups is a free anonymous chat where you can connect with listeners. Send me a message, and I will get back to you when I can.